Teaching writing skills is tough, especially when everything is measured on a continuum of growth. Each student has a level of writing skills, each teacher has a level of writing instruction skills. These skills naturally join as teachers and students work together.
Writing teachers must also have effective strategies that extend advanced writers, scaffold instruction for low performance writers and build ESL base skills, whilst maintaining a standards and curriculum aligned track for everyone.
How do teachers cope with this without teaching tools to save the hours they need? English and humanities teachers already work some 10-15 hours overtime a week.
Students access consistent feedback and guidance, teachers scale their capabilities past the reach of the classroom and current time constraints. Scribo Student and Scribo Connect join forces when teachers are ready to maximise a powerful single suite.
Driven by AI and machine learning, Scribo’s core mission is to support teachers, certainly not replace them. Hawking was right to refer to Artificial Intelligence as Assistive Intelligence because that is where we are at right now. AI however is capable of repeating structured and unstructured tasks at elevated levels of accuracy, tirelessly.
- builds comprehensive analyses from all student texts
- blends data and discoveries into live insights for the class and individual students
- suggests where to improve student writing across six insight categories
- allows teachers to grade, compare, summarise and deliver direct fast feedback online
- creates a range of writing analytics, built from a full analysis of student text submissions
- auto sends feedback reports to students
- tracks growth and opportunities for improvement across levels of writing
- rolls up data from student, class, subject and year levels for consolidated discussions, teaching and resource planning.
Scribo quickly becomes every teachers’ assistant, helping to reduce grading time, optimise feedback and track improvement across student writing skills. Scribo Connect can be run as standalone resource for teachers.
Scribo Student runs an on-demand seven point writing check, reporting writing issues and concerns across:
- Passive voice
- Sentence structure
- Cohesive use
Students make corrections in situ, access context-aware online help and writing tips. Every time students activate the Writing Check, diagnostic data is gathered. Teachers and students have immediate access to detailed metrics on where students need the most help and where Scribo is supporting students with feedback.
Teachers have access the same student analysis tools, able to replicate writing checks on student work to gain further insights into the same identified opportunities for improvement. Scribo Student can be a standalone resource for the entire school, offered exclusively to students as an additional, school sponsored resource.
of visitors download our WhitePapers
Scribo is highly functional and simply beautiful to work with
Stunning infographics coupled with instant interactive display panels of findings for classroom use.